Anatomy Of Reanimation

Welcome to Anatomy of Reanimation - The Newest, Baddest Horror Blog On The Internet

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Music: Horror Song Of The Week

 

This is a new feature which will happen at least once a week, sometimes more depending on the week.

As many of you may, or may not know, I am a huge fan of music. I am especially enamoured with songs and bands steeped in the horror genre. Whether it be songs about horror movies, characters, or just themes that go with the horror genre, I consistently have a soft spot in my heart for these bands and songs. Now, if you are also of the same ilk, I highly recommend checking out the weekly podcast, Rue Morgue Radio. It has certainly introduced me to quite a few bands and songs that I now love. But anyways, time to move onto the topic at hand.

This week’s selection comes from one of my new favourite bands, Blitzkid. The song is a catchy ditty entitled “Pretty In A Casket”. Find below the video, followed by the lyrics. You may also notice the name of the album, which is where I got the name of this blog. Enjoy!

Poor little Charlotte’s not so pretty anymore,
Her beauty has corroded into a corpse,
The cops don’t wanna know but maybe if they ask it,
I’ll tell em’ you looked so-

Pretty in a casket
Pretty in a casket
Baby you look so-
Pretty in a casket
Pretty in a casket

And as you walk where dead angels lie,
I hope you remember the cutting of my knife,
Nothin’ but a cheap little has been,
But baby you look so-

And so the time has come to pay my respects,
I guess it’s true this time you give what you get,
You gave me nothin’ save for a lotta grief,
Baby it’s a shame , but you mad your own life brief…Bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment