Anatomy Of Reanimation

Welcome to Anatomy of Reanimation - The Newest, Baddest Horror Blog On The Internet

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

Until I can really get the ball rolling on this blog, I will be putting down some random thoughts.

First of all, I am falling in love with Twitter. The ability to converse with people who I would never have a chance to, and people I admire is an incredible thing to me, regardless of whether I have to do it in 140 characters or less.

For example, over the past few days I have been able to exchange messages with B-Sol of the incredible horror blog The Vault Of Horror, which is probably the premiere horror blog on the entire internet.

Then tonight, I was able to watch Frozen with Jilly Bones, and afterwards I was able to send a message along to the director, Adam Green, which to my incredible surprise, yet delight, he responded to. Incredible to me, although some may say I am just being a geek.

Back to Frozen. What an absolute amazing film. I spent most of the running time figuring I knew how it was going to end, but damn, the suspense at times was damn near unbearable. That, my fiends, is a sign of an incredible filmmaker knowing what he is doing. While I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Green’s previous film, Hatchet, it was at times flawed, and was more a serious love letter to our favourite horror sub-genre, the 80s slasher. But Frozen shows that Green is a talented man with an eye for suspense, with a great future. I know that his next film is Hatchet II, which I unabashedly am looking forward to, but whatever film he attaches himself to after, it is a must see for this horror fan.

And that is all for now….keep your eyes peeled fiends, or else I may have to rip them out of your sockets and keep them peeled here myself.

- K. Frankenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment